About Me

My photo
I am a 30-something FORMER DINK (Double Income, No Kids) who welcomed our first child on August 1st, 2011 following many years of infertility. I am married to a wonderful (though somewhat work-a-holic) husband and daddy. This is my journal to help me stay sane through the trials of infertility, pregnancy and motherhood. We have unexplained infertility. After enduring IVF #1 failure, we miraculously became pregnant from FET #1, and we were overjoyed to welcome our little one August 1st of 2011.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Lupron Headaches

...are the worst! I’ve been taking Lupron for the last 10 or so days, but once you stop taking the birth control pills, the Lupron really seems to kick in. My head hurts every day and Tylenol just doesn’t seem to cut it.

Things have been pretty boring in this cycle so far. I’m just taking pills and doing Lupron shots. I don’t start estrogen patches until Sunday, so I think I’m going to be dealing with headaches until the estrogen gets going in my body. I'm also tearing up at the drop of a hat. I can't even watch a tv show without finding myself on the brink of tears. This is so not me!

I’m heading to Vegas for a quick weekend with TW. He is at a conference there and I get to fly in and join him. We’re having dinner and going to a show tomorrow night which is very exciting. I used to plan meetings in Vegas, so I’ve been there several times, but I’ve never actually attended a show. Every other time I was there I was babysitting 150 attendees. It will be nice to be there on my own. Even better is that TW’s conference will continue on Saturday morning for ½ day, so I can just relax and walk around until he’s done. I’m actually very excited.

Since I’m just on an FET cycle I think it’s ok to have a glass of wine or two while I’m in Vegas too. My doctor doesn’t restrict alcohol completely, but I restricted myself on my fresh cycle. I can’t imagine that it would cause any problem though to drink a little while my little alcohol-free embies are safely tucked away in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment