About Me

My photo
I am a 30-something FORMER DINK (Double Income, No Kids) who welcomed our first child on August 1st, 2011 following many years of infertility. I am married to a wonderful (though somewhat work-a-holic) husband and daddy. This is my journal to help me stay sane through the trials of infertility, pregnancy and motherhood. We have unexplained infertility. After enduring IVF #1 failure, we miraculously became pregnant from FET #1, and we were overjoyed to welcome our little one August 1st of 2011.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

14 Weeks 3 Days

I don't have much to report, but thought I should check in. My all-day sickness seems to have finally come to an end. It has been tapering off and lessening in intensity since 11 weeks, but I haven't had any for a week now, so I think it's safe to say I'm doing much better.

I am gaining weight steadily and hoping it's not too much (I've been eating ice cream every night), but I'm going to watch it and hopefully stay right on target. I can finally start eating healthy again now that things other than pizza and bread sound good to me.

My NT scan went well, both the neck measurement and the nasal bone look perfect. We were not able to do any 1st trimester screenings because my little guy with no heartbeat still has a placenta and the doctor can't be sure how much hormone production it is still doing. This could skew my results and give me false positives for chromosomal abnormalities, so I have to wait until I can do the quad screening and hopefully by then we can get an accurate read.

Honestly, I'm not that interested in doing all these tests anyway. I'm not terminating this pregnancy for any reason, and I'm not risking an amnio, so it's not the end of the world if we don't get these screenings. I pray I have a healthy, normal baby in there, but we worked so hard, spent so much, and waited so long for a child. Now we finally are pregnant, so we're just going to take what God gives us.

That's about it. My belly is getting bigger and really starting to look pregnant. I still think strangers just think I eat too much, but I'm starting to cross over to the possibly pregnant look. I'll be glad when I get to that point. It's so exciting.

Still loving being pregnant!

1 comment:

  1. how cool that you are about to crossover to a real baby bump. i still look like i just love carbs. I gave you an award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete