About Me

My photo
I am a 30-something FORMER DINK (Double Income, No Kids) who welcomed our first child on August 1st, 2011 following many years of infertility. I am married to a wonderful (though somewhat work-a-holic) husband and daddy. This is my journal to help me stay sane through the trials of infertility, pregnancy and motherhood. We have unexplained infertility. After enduring IVF #1 failure, we miraculously became pregnant from FET #1, and we were overjoyed to welcome our little one August 1st of 2011.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Baby Movement

This post got delayed from being published, so the dates are off, but it was still an exciting discovery, so I decided to post it anyway.

Sunday night for the first time (23 weeks exactly) I SAW the baby kicking from the outside! I had been on my feet all day long doing various things around the house and out side and I literally had not taken any time to sit down. I finally got dinner ready around 8pm and sat down on the couch in front of the TV with my husband (I know…bad) and all of a sudden someone was up and ready to move around. It was the longest and hardest activity session I have felt so far. I just could not believe some of the sucker punches I was getting. I pulled up my shirt to look and sure enough, my belly was popping up when he would kick me. I tried to get my husband in on this action, and he did feel a couple small taps, but he missed all the big kicks. It was amazing and just makes this experience even more real.

No comments:

Post a Comment