About Me

My photo
I am a 30-something FORMER DINK (Double Income, No Kids) who welcomed our first child on August 1st, 2011 following many years of infertility. I am married to a wonderful (though somewhat work-a-holic) husband and daddy. This is my journal to help me stay sane through the trials of infertility, pregnancy and motherhood. We have unexplained infertility. After enduring IVF #1 failure, we miraculously became pregnant from FET #1, and we were overjoyed to welcome our little one August 1st of 2011.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Almost 8 Weeks

I never thought I would feel this way when I was pregnant but the first 6 weeks of parenthood weren't much fun. Of course I was blissful about being a mom and felt so blessed for our wonderful gift. I also had lovable times with B (that's what I'm calling him here, B), but I was also frustrated with the lack of recognition from him and the difficulty determining what was necessary to comfort him. I felt that he was either eating, sleeping or crying. I was ashamed to feel this way and almost felt ready to go back to work.

That all changed the day B turned 7 weeks. All of a sudden we clicked. He stopped crying constantly and when he does cry, 95% of the time he is either hungry or tired. If I can fix one or both of those issues, we usually find our happy boy again. The other major improvement is he has become so much more interactive. We are often rewarded with huge gummy smiles and lots of cooing. He smiled at me intentionally for the first time at 5 weeks 4 days, but those those smiles have become much more frequent and much bigger in the last couple weeks.

I can't get enough of my handsome little one now.

No comments:

Post a Comment