About Me

My photo
I am a 30-something FORMER DINK (Double Income, No Kids) who welcomed our first child on August 1st, 2011 following many years of infertility. I am married to a wonderful (though somewhat work-a-holic) husband and daddy. This is my journal to help me stay sane through the trials of infertility, pregnancy and motherhood. We have unexplained infertility. After enduring IVF #1 failure, we miraculously became pregnant from FET #1, and we were overjoyed to welcome our little one August 1st of 2011.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Baby Fever

So I just made our first appointment with the R.E. for baby number two. It seems a bit crazy to jump right in with fertility treatments again without trying naturally, but I really feel it’s too risky to waste time considering I will be turning 37 this year. I feel like each month is a precious gift of dwindling fertility.

I have heard so many people say they really weren’t ready for their second one until their first was older, but I’m totally ready now. I suppose that could change if my 7 month old turns into a more difficult walking, talking toddler, but by that time (with any luck) we will already be pregnant with our second one and won’t be able to turn back.

The big day is April 18th Update: March 30th. I am pretty excited about it. I’m hoping my periods will return on their own before that. I could have made the appointment for next week, but thought my husband might feel rushed, so I gave us another month of breathing room. It might also allow my body and hormones to return to normal on their own. Update: I have no patience when it comes to these sorts of things, so I moved the appointment up to next week. My husband was a tad surprised, but seemed to think it made sense to move forward at least with the consultation, so that is what we will do.

1 comment:

  1. Exciting!! It's just around the corner! I'm guessing no period has shown yet, but hopefully soon!!!

    ReplyDelete