About Me

My photo
I am a 30-something FORMER DINK (Double Income, No Kids) who welcomed our first child on August 1st, 2011 following many years of infertility. I am married to a wonderful (though somewhat work-a-holic) husband and daddy. This is my journal to help me stay sane through the trials of infertility, pregnancy and motherhood. We have unexplained infertility. After enduring IVF #1 failure, we miraculously became pregnant from FET #1, and we were overjoyed to welcome our little one August 1st of 2011.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Taxes and Wine

Today I mailed my taxes as an individual and for my corporation. The total was under 10K, and I had saved 15K!!!! I am so happy. I had $2300 on my credit card from all the expenses of moving into a new home (rugs, towels, furniture, plants, ets), so I paid that off and I still have money left. I opened a brokerage account. I am a total amatuer, but I really want to invest in a few companies and even though this is my real money, it feels like free money, since I expected not to have it, so I'm less risk adverse.

On another note, I saw an ad for a 4 winery tour on the Sat of Memorial Day weekend. It's $45 per person, and you get 12 wine tastes, light food at each winery, a bottle of wine and a carrying case. It sounds SO AWESOME. If we are going to be in town that weekend I'm going to beg TW to go with me....assuming I haven't conceived this month. If I have conceived this month, then I'll be excited and planning for other things. Isn't it funny how something as life changing as starting a family is such a mystery to those of us who haven't been blessed with it? It's so weird thinking that in one week, I'll know if my whole life will be different 9 months from now, but right now, I haven't the slightest idea.

I suppose those people who get pregnant easily may have more insight as to the changes that are about to come, but for me, it's really more likely that I won't conceive, so I go on about my life in a cloud of uncertainty. Actually, that sounds dramatic, and in reality, I would adapt quite well to pregnancy and motherhood, so I'm really just protecting myself from disappointment.

Nice wine choice...Kendall Jackson, Meritage California 2004. It needed to breathe, but now that it's been open, it's very smooth, and delicious with my awesome sauce and spaghetti and a wonderful salad.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment