About Me

My photo
I am a 30-something FORMER DINK (Double Income, No Kids) who welcomed our first child on August 1st, 2011 following many years of infertility. I am married to a wonderful (though somewhat work-a-holic) husband and daddy. This is my journal to help me stay sane through the trials of infertility, pregnancy and motherhood. We have unexplained infertility. After enduring IVF #1 failure, we miraculously became pregnant from FET #1, and we were overjoyed to welcome our little one August 1st of 2011.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

FET First Ultrasound

After going through a fresh IVF, a frozen cycle is amazingly uneventful. I went in for my first U/S for this cycle. My lining looked good (boooorrrring). My estrogen was a tad low, so they've asked me to do 5 patches tomorrow instead of 4. I'm hoping the estrogen wasn't the cause of my mini-meltdowns on Sunday because I'm going to be having a big meltdown tomorrow if that's the case, but I think the lupron is actually the culprit of my emotional ups and downs (primarily downs) during cycles.

So, if all goes well on Friday (second boring U/S), we will plan to do my intra-lipid infusion and my transfer on 11/12. Obviously, my embryos have to make it through the thaw, so I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm hopeful that we'll have a great transfer next Friday!

On another note, I recently purchased the Circle + Bloom program for IVF/IUI. This is a positive thinking/relaxation program that is designed specifically for IVF. There is a different session for every couple of cycle days. Since I'm doing an FET, I was unable to utilize the first several sessions (where the purpose was to visualize your eggs growing in your uterus, etc). I actually wasn't sure what the best way to handle the program was, so I reached out to the company by email and the founder of the company emailed me back right away and helped me customize a program for my FET. I was impressed by that level of service. They are still a small company, but they've been in Conceive magazine and many others as well, and I believe they are at least mentioned on the Resolve website.

So far, I have found these sessions to be very relaxing, so much so that I often drift off while listening. I do tend to engage in these sessions right before bed and I listen while laying in bed. If I changed my location and listened at a less "tired" time of day, I'm sure I would get more of a relaxation effect than a sleeping pill effect.

I'm hoping that the sessions are specifically helpful pre and post transfer because I found I was extremely tense during my last transfer due to the discomfort of the full bladder and that was compounded by the irritation I had remaining from my catheter during my retrieval. The speculum was more uncomfortable than usual (no lube) and the overall fear of not knowing what to expect. I feel this next transfer can be much more "Zen" and I plan to do everything in my power to stay as relaxed as I can.

2 comments:

  1. I am thinking about getting the Circle and Bloom program too. Let me know how you find it throughout the two week wait.

    Hope your ultrasound goes well tomorrow and you can get ready for the transfer next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope circle and bloom helps for your transfer. I think it might be a great idea to bring anything along that you enjoy listening to and just take your mind to another place. I generally find that I am much more calm about things when I am more familiar. Hopefully, you will be less tense for this transfer just from knowing what to expect.

    ReplyDelete