About Me

My photo
I am a 30-something FORMER DINK (Double Income, No Kids) who welcomed our first child on August 1st, 2011 following many years of infertility. I am married to a wonderful (though somewhat work-a-holic) husband and daddy. This is my journal to help me stay sane through the trials of infertility, pregnancy and motherhood. We have unexplained infertility. After enduring IVF #1 failure, we miraculously became pregnant from FET #1, and we were overjoyed to welcome our little one August 1st of 2011.

Friday, November 5, 2010

FET Second Ultrasound

I had my second ultrasound this morning, and my lining is 9.7. Apparently the doctor is happy with that, so we are moving forward. We are thawing 3 embryos, and I'm praying that at least one makes it through. One is very good quality, the other two are A-/B+ quality, and we're implanting them all. Part of me is scared of triplets, but there's another part of me that knows it will be great if even one sticks. Twins or triplets would be a challenge, but we would manage.

My transfer is scheduled for Friday at 1pm. I'm having my intra lipid infusion in the morning that day to treat my natural killer cells. I just want to find a way to be more relaxed during the transfer and to be less uncomfortable from the full bladder. I am taking my Circle and Bloom sessions to listen to. There is a designated "Transfer" session which is supposed to keep you relaxed. The valium should help too if they give it to me in time. I'm going to ask for it as soon as I get there.

PIO shots start on Sunday, so I'm not too excited about that, but the rest of it is exciting.

2 comments:

  1. Everything sounds great. I am so excited for you.

    I took a Xanax for my transfer, and I was still a ball of nerves. I hate to think what I would have been without it.

    I hope that at least one of them implants in your luxuriously thick lining.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I'm excited too. I think they should give us something even stronger than Xanax or Valium. I'm pretty alert during the transfer despite my silliness before and after. :)

    ReplyDelete