About Me

My photo
I am a 30-something FORMER DINK (Double Income, No Kids) who welcomed our first child on August 1st, 2011 following many years of infertility. I am married to a wonderful (though somewhat work-a-holic) husband and daddy. This is my journal to help me stay sane through the trials of infertility, pregnancy and motherhood. We have unexplained infertility. After enduring IVF #1 failure, we miraculously became pregnant from FET #1, and we were overjoyed to welcome our little one August 1st of 2011.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Back to work after a very nice weekend. I’ve been going to a new acupuncturist. I had my second appointment with him on Saturday. Previously, I had an acupuncturist who I liked very much, but she wasn’t contracted with insurance and she doesn’t have hours outside of business hours. I’m going to miss enough work as it is with this IVF cycle, I need the acupuncture to be outside business hours. Anyway, my session was very relaxing (as usual). I wish I felt 100% sure that there was a positive impact from this. I am so practical that there is just some doubt there. I feel pretty confident, and of course, it can’t hurt. I read something just recently that acupuncture on the day of egg transfer increases the chances of implantation by like 20%. If that’s true then I would be a fool not to keep doing this.

For the rest of the weekend I spent time cleaning the house, working on the pool area with TW and we watched a movie. I also got my first issue of “Fit Pregnancy” (I’m trying to stay positive about the outcome of this cycle). I realize this probably makes me sound like a dork, but I devoured this magazine. I couldn’t put it down. I’m hopeful that between this and “What to Expect When You’re Expecting”, I can keep the positivity flowing.

My trial transfer is Wednesday and Lupron starts Friday…

No comments:

Post a Comment