About Me

My photo
I am a 30-something FORMER DINK (Double Income, No Kids) who welcomed our first child on August 1st, 2011 following many years of infertility. I am married to a wonderful (though somewhat work-a-holic) husband and daddy. This is my journal to help me stay sane through the trials of infertility, pregnancy and motherhood. We have unexplained infertility. After enduring IVF #1 failure, we miraculously became pregnant from FET #1, and we were overjoyed to welcome our little one August 1st of 2011.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Trial Transfer

Yesterday, I endured my trial transfer. To be clear, I hate any kind of procedure. I absolutely dread having my teeth cleaned, bloodwork is a constant battle for me, even pap smears get me all wound up. This procedure was no different. I worked myself up into quite an anxious bundle of nerves before the speculum even went in. In the end though, it really was no big deal. There was a little bit of cramping when the tiny catheter touched the back of my uterus, but certainly nothing to get nervous about. In fact, I’m sure it pales in comparison to some of the things I’m preparing to put my body through over the next year.

My Lupron injections begin tomorrow. As much as I’m nervous about this whole cycle and the time away from the office, I’m also excited to experience this. While of course I wish that I could be like all my friends and just get pregnant the month I go off the pill. It might even be fun to sit around trying to decide when the most convenient due date might be so I could time everything to my own preferences. Oh, and since I would be so ultra-fertile, I could maybe even adjust my timing to better my chances for boy or a girl. Alas, none of these is an option for me. On the other hand, though, the miracle of God and science coming together through the hands of these brilliant doctors and embryologists is something I’m excited to experience. I think in some ways I am the lucky one.

My positivity may change slightly if I find that I’m unsuccessful after multiple IVF’s though. Let’s hope we don’t have to worry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment