About Me

My photo
I am a 30-something FORMER DINK (Double Income, No Kids) who welcomed our first child on August 1st, 2011 following many years of infertility. I am married to a wonderful (though somewhat work-a-holic) husband and daddy. This is my journal to help me stay sane through the trials of infertility, pregnancy and motherhood. We have unexplained infertility. After enduring IVF #1 failure, we miraculously became pregnant from FET #1, and we were overjoyed to welcome our little one August 1st of 2011.

Friday, August 9, 2013

Class Update

I am finishing up my Nutrition class this week.  Although this class was an easy A, I very much underestimated the amount of work that was necessary and the amount of biology that would be involved.  I took Chemistry online earlier this summer and that too was tons of work, but it was an Intro Chemistry course, so the material was not difficult.  I did pretty much have to eat, sleep and breathe Chemistry since the course was crammed into 4 weeks, but I easily pulled the A.  Overall I feel pretty accomplished on my summer courses.

Unfortunately, my fall lineup is probably going to be a lot more difficult.  I am taking Anatomy and Physiology 2 online.  The problem is the tests are all proctored, so there is no safety net of being able to check your notes or anything.  It makes sense for this type of course, but I am nervous.  There wasn't another good option for me though.  On the plus side I am looking forward to having my Saturdays to spend with the family and do my errands and chores.  I will have to be very organized and dedicated to get through this.  I have to get an A or I won't get into the program I want.  It's a lot of pressure.  In addition, I am taking a Gov't course which is required to obtain a Bachelor's degree in TX.  (I already have a Bachelor's degree, but earned it in Illinois).  I don't anticipate the Gov't course to be difficult, but I'm already questioning whether this is too much to take on.  I will survive, I'm sure, but an A in both is necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment