About Me

My photo
I am a 30-something FORMER DINK (Double Income, No Kids) who welcomed our first child on August 1st, 2011 following many years of infertility. I am married to a wonderful (though somewhat work-a-holic) husband and daddy. This is my journal to help me stay sane through the trials of infertility, pregnancy and motherhood. We have unexplained infertility. After enduring IVF #1 failure, we miraculously became pregnant from FET #1, and we were overjoyed to welcome our little one August 1st of 2011.

Monday, August 2, 2010

I Hate Needles

I have now given myself 3 injections of Lupron. The first one went in perfectly, didn’t even feel it and it was all beautiful. The other two have hurt a little. Last time around the Lupron didn’t hurt at all, it was seriously no big deal. I think I need to give it a harder jab into my stomach. The nurse said the Lupron needles are actually not as sharp as some of the other needles, so maybe that’s why I’m feeling it. Another very strange thing happened though. This weekend at acupuncture, the needles were so uncomfortable going in that I’ve vowed not to go back. I mean, if it’s going to give me stress to go, I’m sure it’s negating some of the benefits. The weird thing is that all of a sudden I’m ultra-sensitive to needles.

Now I’ve always been scared to death of needles, but in the past I could always say that I didn’t even feel it going in. Now all of a sudden I’m sensitive. This is not good timing to get sensitive. I’m hoping for better luck tonight.

Tonight is the night I give up the wine too. I’ve been drinking about a glass of wine per night pretty regularly for the last several months. Although I’m unsure of the impact, I’m not taking any chances. Instead of wine, I think I’m going to treat myself to curling up in bed early with some mint-chocolate chip ice cream and a movie or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment