About Me

My photo
I am a 30-something FORMER DINK (Double Income, No Kids) who welcomed our first child on August 1st, 2011 following many years of infertility. I am married to a wonderful (though somewhat work-a-holic) husband and daddy. This is my journal to help me stay sane through the trials of infertility, pregnancy and motherhood. We have unexplained infertility. After enduring IVF #1 failure, we miraculously became pregnant from FET #1, and we were overjoyed to welcome our little one August 1st of 2011.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

E2 and Insurance

I received my bloodwork results from yesterday and experienced déjà vu. Last time I used injectibles it was for an IUI cycle, so of course things are a little different, but once again, my estrogen is being suppressed by the Lupron.

This was my first monitoring appointment and the doctor is lowering the Lupron dose now and upping the Follistim, so I suppose he is on top of things, but I could have told him this would happen. In fact, I did tell him at my trial transfer. He said with the higher dose of Follistim there shouldn’t be a problem.

It irritates me a little that we are playing around with some of the same issues we had last time. Kind of like…we should have learned about this in practice, but now we’re at the Superbowl, or at least at a playoff game and we’re dealing with it again.

Day 4 Stims Stats
Estrogen – 90 (up from >20 on Friday)
Follicles – We saw 6 on my right ovary, but my left ovary was behind my uterus and totally invisible!
New Lupron Dose – 2.5 units (down from 5 units)
New Follistin Dose – 225 AM and 225 PM (up from 150 PM, AM stayed the same)

I learned today that my company is changing insurance providers. I knew from the beginning that my IVF coverage was a gift that I shouldn’t take for granted, alas, I began to take it for granted. I don’t know much yet about the new plan, and of course, there is a chance it will cover infertility, but I’m not holding my breath.

As much as I would like for this not to cause undue stress, it is. I feel like I am now putting all my eggs (no pun intended) in this one paid IVF basket. I also kind of feel betrayed by the company. Aren’t benefits part of the compensation package? How is it that they can just switch them with only 45 days notice. I know I should not be complaining. One paid cycle is more than most people get.

Of course, if they don’t cover infertility, AND if this cycle is a bust, then I can at least order all my meds for another cycle under this insurance before the switch. That will still save me thousands of dollars.

I need to find a nice, relaxing happy place for my mind to spend the next few weeks. The good news is, no more headaches and my moods seemed to have stabilized.

1 comment:

  1. I've been going through the same situation in these last few months. Have been looking online now for some tips or support. I hope that everything will work out well for you, best wishes from the UK. :)

    ReplyDelete