About Me

My photo
I am a 30-something FORMER DINK (Double Income, No Kids) who welcomed our first child on August 1st, 2011 following many years of infertility. I am married to a wonderful (though somewhat work-a-holic) husband and daddy. This is my journal to help me stay sane through the trials of infertility, pregnancy and motherhood. We have unexplained infertility. After enduring IVF #1 failure, we miraculously became pregnant from FET #1, and we were overjoyed to welcome our little one August 1st of 2011.

Monday, August 16, 2010

The Stimming Has Begun

Well my stims have started. I was a little surprised on Friday when they told me there would be an AM shot and a PM shot, plus a Menopur injection for a jump start and my lupron for a grand total of 4 shots a day. I guess it’s not a big deal, although it hit me as being kind of overwhelming at the time. Friday was a bad day for me anyway. I am having lots of trouble sleeping, and the whole week I hadn’t had a good night’s sleep, so I was suffering from that, and the Lupron headaches were just brutal last week. I was having a difficult time holding it together at work which is so not me. I’m very stoic at the office and I am not a big cryer normally, but Friday was a challenge for me. Fortunately I’m feeling much better.

Today was day 4 of stims. My follistim dose has been 225 in the AM, then 75 + Menopur in the PM. Last night I didn’t have a Menopur injection, so my evening dose of the Follistim increased to 150. I’m waiting to hear from the nurse now on what tonight’s dose will look like. I’m hoping that they leave everything the same. That would give me some confidence that things are going according to plan.

My ultrasound this morning was both exciting and frustrating. There were 6 visible measurable follicles on my right ovary. According to the nurse, they were all about the same size too, so this is good news. The frustrating part is that my left ovary is hiding behind my uterus and for the second time, they can’t even catch a glimpse of it on the ultrasound. I’m disappointed by this and hope it shows itself soon, because I’m not sure what they do if they have no visibility to all these follicles we’re trying to grow.

I’m anxiously awaiting my E2 bloodwork and I’m hopeful that I remember to ask the nurse what it was on Friday, so I can compare. This is my favorite part of the cycle. It is so much fun for us obsessive types because between the ultrasounds and the bloodwork, there is so much we can work with.

I don’t even know yet what is a good number of follicles and what a good E2 level looks like, but I’m just so excited about all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment