About Me

My photo
I am a 30-something FORMER DINK (Double Income, No Kids) who welcomed our first child on August 1st, 2011 following many years of infertility. I am married to a wonderful (though somewhat work-a-holic) husband and daddy. This is my journal to help me stay sane through the trials of infertility, pregnancy and motherhood. We have unexplained infertility. After enduring IVF #1 failure, we miraculously became pregnant from FET #1, and we were overjoyed to welcome our little one August 1st of 2011.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Still hating needles

Last night I tried something new to try to reduce the pain on the Lupron shots and it seemed to work some. To be clear, these shots don’t really HURT, they just pinch a little and last time I literally couldn’t feel the needle, so I’m trying to figure out what I’m doing differently or maybe I’m just more sensitive this time around. My concern is not these little shots at all, it’s the big ones that are only a few weeks away that I’m trying to gear up for. Anyway, I tried flicking the skin until it turned a bit red, then I used the alcohol swab (in that order), then I did the injection. I honestly felt it less. I think tonight I’m going to try ice. To me, putting ice on an area prior to injecting yourself there seems like it would feel worse, like maybe you’d be able to feel the needle more. I’d rather figure that out now with the little needles than find out with the big one in my butt.

This morning we dropped off TW’s “back up” semen. This will be analyzed, washed etc, then put in the freezer for our big day. It’s just in case he has performance anxiety or he has an emergency and can’t be there or something. It makes me feel so relieved to have that back up there.

By the way, going off the wine has been great. I am very happy having a small scoop of ice cream instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment